Monday 13 June 2016

[Update] "Advice for monetizing my hobby". I just launched my first business and website!

 

Success has a lot to do with your sense of being Find out how to train yourself to make money and stay in tune with your mind, body and soul

Original thread here

G'day all, I thought I'd pop by to share my progress. Two weeks ago I came to Reddit for advice. I have a hobby I love doing which is woodworking. Specifically I like to cut out detailed pieces like portraits, logos, characters, landscapes etc, and I've been making pieces as gifts and just for fun for years. Here are a few examples of my work.

Last weekend I said screw it, let's do it (thanks Richard Branson). I sat down in front of the computer, created an account on Shopify and got busy about making a website where I could sell my stuff. The idea is to be able to upload your own photo/image, I convert it to something suitable to be cut, and I get busy in the workshop.

I'm ecstatic to say that I have just finished making my first paid piece! What a fantastic feeling! I have been through many website updates/fixes/improvements over the last few days and that has kept me very busy, but I'm really enjoying it. I have enlisted all my facebook friends to 'like' my facebook page. I've created a facebook ad and I've got a google adwords campaign running. I also created an Instagram account to try to attract followers. So far I'm only spending about $15/day on facebook and google as that's all I can afford at the moment.

I'd really appreciate some feedback about my site, products, pricing, and anything else that would be constructive. Also any advice on building traffic and conversions is always welcome.

Thanks for reading.

EndGrain. Shameless plug for my website.

P.S: If you are interested in making money on-line, there are many avenues you can explore. Click here to get my step by step guide on how to this. I break down all the details for you and give you some useful resources and tools

No comments:
Write comments