Thursday, 7 April 2016

Do i have enough to attract an investor? If so what options/route can i take?

 

I am going to try to keep this brief to save everyone time. I can elaborate if needed.

  • I am a tech founder
  • Built and bootstrapped ( Using $5k ) a tournament/competition "market test" website within the eSports industry. launched early April 2015, closed end of July, 2015.
  • Within those 4 months 32,000 registered users ( Over 35,000 but i deleted fake email accounts/duplicates )
  • Since then i have grown my network with top players and pro teams within the industry. I have provided free web development work in exchange for promotion. These teams collectively reach 7.6 Million eSports followers on twitter.
  • I have 85% of the upgraded site completed ( I can demo as well ). I am a full time freelancer so i have slowly worked on the new platform 2-3 hours at the end of the day.
  • New platform includes monetization features ( membership model ) that we did not have before.

I spend the vast majority of my day with my head down working so i have not built the network of investors or friends with investor connections.

.

We have the market test experience, "beta" users, i have built the network within the industry that will help promote the service, i now need the investment to hire the team members, customer support staff, etc. I have created the business plan and now need to work on reaching out to investors etc. This is assuming i have enough to attract their attention.

.

If i continue on the path i am now it would take 4+ months to relaunch, if i am able to work on this full time and hire a web designer the business can launch within 1-2 month(s) and generate revenue within the first 2 months of operation

outlined in business plan, made possible with the aggressive marketing plan that utilizes my network, referral system, and a few other ideas

.

With the brief information i have outlined above is it enough to catch the attention of a potential investor?

If so what online resources are available to begin contacting VC firms, etc.?

A while back i read a post in this subreddit about a user providing a service where he/she reaches out to their list of investor contacts on our behalf, in exchange they receive a % of the investment made within the business as the "finders fee". Is this a normal job/service within the industry or a scam?

When i connect with individuals who claim to be able to send my business plan out to their network of investors should i leave the "secret sauce" out of the business plan? Parts of the document contain details about my network, the services i am providing, as well as the detailed operation and marketing plan of the business. I am not a "everyone wants to steal my idea" kind of guy but my team and i have done all the leg work of proving the business model and building my network. So i am concerned with just distributing the business plan everywhere.



No comments:
Write comments