Made an account to make this post, been lurking for a long time. I have come across an opportunity to invest in a mixed use commercial lot of 25 acres by a very busy highway (100,000+ Daily Traffic). I have enough capital to acquire the land but I am a little unsure if its ideal to do so. See my investment strategy for the property is to to bring in a large real estate investment firm to develop their own building(Large shopping/residential complex) on my land under a triple net ground lease for 50-99 years. In the agreement they would pay nothing upfront and as soon as they start construction I would be paid an income of over a $100k a month for 50-99 years with the option to buy the land from me every 10 years. These types of deals are fairly common with fast food chains and department stores but I'm not sure for large retail/apartment complexes. My question is does this acquisition make sense for a large firm to invest in? Is it common for land owners to seek out large investment firms to build on their land under a triple net ground lease? Am I asking the wrong questions? Please tell me if you think this is an ideal investment or not. I do plan on speaking to some developers/real estate attorneys and investment firms but I want to know what you guys think first. If this does make sense I'll put an option on the property and start seeking out large investment firms and will keep you updated on this entire process. All thoughts and opinions welcome!
Thanks, Todd
No comments:
Write comments