Sunday, 1 May 2016

Happened to meet an investor who likes our idea - Feedback/Advice on how to validate it

 

So here is the story behind my idea (sorry if it's a little long)

About a year ago I was working two jobs. One as a barista and the other as a waitress. On one occasion I was working from 6-2 at the cafe and 3-11 at the restaurant. I'd never felt so exhausted in my whole life. It was to the point where I couldn't control my body and I felt hazy. All I wanted to was to lay down for 30 minutes but I couldn't go back home to nap because it wouldn't have been worth it time wise. I ended up taking a nap in a nearby park. The park was full of people. I couldn't find any shade and I ended up resting beside an ant gang. All in all, not a good time. That evening while venting out my frustration I came up with the concept of a nap spot I would like to call Nook. I wrote out a business plan, came up with all sorts of features for it but came to a dead end because of the cost of such a project. Fast forward to a few weeks ago. My friend and business partner works for uber and ended up meeting an investor from dragons den through uber pitch. She likes our idea and said she would be willing to help in any way possible as long as we validate it.

Our concept of Nook is a charging station. A place for people to recharge their body and electronics.

The space would be separated in two. One would be a nap area based off pod hotels in japan. The second space would include a sort of juice/snack bar + large table for people to work or chill at and a little charging bar at the entrance for anyone who happens to need a bit of power.

We are also working on an app for the place that way people can see if there are beds available before making the trip. We would use the same model as uber and many companies who give a ''free product, when you invite your friend'' In our case it would be a free 30 min nap when you invite a friend.

I've given you guys the gist of our idea. I really just need any feedback or advice that we can incorporate to make this feasible before asking the investor for another sit down. The first time we just briefly pitched the idea not thinking anything of it. It was more just hanging out with a friend. We never really thought we could make this idea happen. Now that it sort of has a chance i'm hoping to re-start everything and do it right this time.

And if you would like to start making money online, we have a special system for you. Click here to access

No comments:
Write comments